You can’t miss the signs that the end of the year is approaching, but that doesn’t mean you should sit back and relax too soon.
Here are 7 ways to close off 2013 in style:
- Make sure you sell your remaining stock. Many ‘difficult’ sellers and buyers become more willing to compromise when they realise the year is drawing to a close, so it’s worth giving them an extra push. In my experience, the pace of sales gets quicker and quicker right up to Christmas Eve
- Follow up all remotely potential vendors. It is extraordinary how many think about selling in the holiday period. You want them to contact you if they do
- Push uncertain vendors to get a draft contract ready ‘just in case’ so you can take good buyers through ‘on the quiet’
- Contact your good buyers and find out if they will be around. You want people you can contact early in the New Year for those quiet listings
- Send out a comprehensive wrap-up of the year’s sales to all owners in your patch. This will confirm your local expertise
- Thank everyone important to you and mend fences. It is the season for goodwill and you should take advantage of it. Thank the solicitors, conveyancers, accountants, bankers, mortgage brokers, financial advisors, local Councillors, school, sporting and school groups, trades-people, and anyone who refers your business. Apologise sincerely to anyone you have offended (and resolve not to offend again)
- Reward yourself with a good break. You’re not a machine. You need some time off, and you will enjoy yourself much more if you feel you have done everything you wanted.
Dr Gil Davis is now a university lecturer, but for twenty-five years he was one of Australia’s most successful real estate agents. He wrote the top-selling book Sell for More, packed full of useful tips for agents, which you can purchase on-line through Harper Collins.
Notes from the editor:
Take advantage of our latest prospecting tool for real estate agents to help you finish the year off as well as you started.
rp.marketing direct allows you to direct market to home owners more strategically using privacy compliant lists. The data is derived from multiple sources and gives you the ability to personalise your message.
Save marketing dollars and win more business using rp.marketing direct by marketing to people who actually make the purchasing decisions.
Enquire here or call our friendly team on 1300 895 015 and learn more about this exciting new marketing tool!